Mysterious Universe social media user terms
These user terms apply to your use of Mysterious Universe’s social media websites or facilities. In consideration of your use of Mysterious Universe’s social media or the ability to contribute content to Mysterious Universe’s social media, you agree to be bound by these terms.
1. Contributions of Material
- You are responsible for the content of all material that you contribute to Mysterious Universe social media, including text, images, photos and videos (Material).
- You must ensure that all your Material was created by you and that you own all intellectual property rights in it. You also promise that your Material will not contain anything that is obscene, defamatory, offensive, or otherwise illegal (either in itself or when placed on Mysterious Universe’s social media).
- In addition, you must ensure that your Material:
- does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person and does not breach any obligations of confidentiality;
- contains no spam or other commercial, advertising, marketing or promotional content or links or information which would facilitate the sale or purchase of products or services;
- contains no personal information or passwords, or the personal details of third parties such as phone numbers, mail or email addresses;
- is not threatening, harassing, spiteful or abusive;
- is not indecent or sexual or pornographic in nature, does not include gratuitous swearing or profanity and does not vilify, insult or humiliate any person or group (including, without limitation, on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability);
- contains nothing which is unduly provocative (including, without limitation, flaming, trolling or otherwise hostile content) or which is false, misleading or deceptive; or
- contains no computer viruses or other computer files or code which adversely affects the operation of Mysterious Universe’s computer systems or any equipment linked to them.
- If your Material contains images (either photographs or videos) you must obtain the consent of any person featured or identifiable in the images before contributing that Material to Mysterious Universe’s social media.
When contributing to Mysterious Universe’s social media you must not impersonate any other person. You must not use Mysterious Universe’s social media in a manner which adversely affects the use of enjoyment by any person of Mysterious Universe’s social media.
2. Dealing with your Material
- You will continue to own the intellectual property rights in your Material. You give Mysterious Universe irrevocable permission to use your Material in any way (including changing, adapting, reproducing or communicating your Material to the public) without charge and without any right of attribution to you and to allow others to use it in the same way.
- At any time and in its sole discretion and without notice to you, Mysterious Universe may refuse to include your Material in Mysterious Universe’s social media, remove all or part of your Material from Mysterious Universe’s social media, edit your Material or terminate one or more of Mysterious Universe’s social media or your access to them.
3. Liability relating to social media and your Material
- Inclusion of your Material on Mysterious Universe’s social media does not indicate any approval of your Material by Mysterious Universe, its related bodies corporate, suppliers or commercial partners.
- Mysterious Universe does not endorse, approve or authorise any material (including your Material) on its social media and you acknowledge that the material on Mysterious Universe’s social media may not be accurate, complete, up-to-date or useful and that you should not rely upon it.
- You acknowledge and agree that Mysterious Universe is not responsible for, and does not check the content or accuracy of, any material (including your Material) on Mysterious Universe’s social media. You also agree that to the extent permitted by law Mysterious Universe, its related bodies corporate and contractors will have no liability to you of any kind (including, without limitation, direct and consequential losses) under any circumstances (including, without limitation, negligence) in connection with Mysterious Universe’s social media, your Material or any other material on those social media.
- If you breach these terms or laws relating to your use of Mysterious Universe’s social media or your Material, you will indemnify Mysterious Universe against any third party claims, losses, damages or costs suffered or incurred by Mysterious Universe in connection with your breaches.
- Your use of Mysterious Universe’s social media, and your contribution of Material to them, is at your own risk.
- Mysterious Universe does not represent or warrant that its social media or any of the material on its social media will operate for any minimum period of time, will be free of computer viruses, or have any particular audience, availability, service levels or other characteristics.
- Nothing in these terms limits or excludes any non-excludable rights you may have or non-excludable terms that may be implied under State or Commonwealth laws including the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth). These terms will be construed subject to those non-excludable rights and terms.
- Mysterious Universe may vary these terms from time to time. You should check for variations periodically.
- These terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New South Wales, Australia.
Mysterious Universe will delete content that is not in accordance with our social media policy (i.e. is irrelevant, disrespectful, discriminatory or abusive in nature. Dishonorable content such as racial, ethnic, sexual, religious, and physical disability slurs are not tolerated. Mysterious Universe reserves the right to edit or amend any misleading or inaccurate content depicted in posts or comments. Mysterious Universe also reserves the right to delete posts violating the MU Social Media Policy.
Persons commenting on MU Social Media are expected to conform with the following conditions:
- to always treat other people using the social media platforms with respect and courtesy
- not to use the social media channels to defame, libel, insult, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or attack anyone
- not to post any material that is offensive, obscene, vulgar or violent
- not to post any material that vilifies or discriminates against any particular gender, religion, sexual preference, age, disability, marital or domestic status, race/ethnicity, criminal record or political opinion
- not to post any material that is fraudulent, deceptive or misleading including to not to not impersonate or falsely represent any other person or organisation
- not to post any material that you do not have a legal right to post (for example, material that infringes the copyright or other intellectual property rights of another person or material which is confidential)
- not to post any material that advertises, offers or promotes anything of a commercial nature (for example any material which may breach the Spam Act 2003 (Cth))
- not to post links to other Facebook fan page, business pages, or personal pages.
- not to post any material or encourage any conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability or is otherwise illegal or unlawful
- not introduce any virus or other form of malicious code into the social media channels
- not to deliberately disrupt discussions (e.g. trolling)
- not to post irrelevant or excessively long material
- not to post material that identifies matters that are currently the subject of legal proceedings or would break a court’s non-publication order.
Should you violate these terms your post or comments will be deleted. If you break these terms once again you will be banned without warning or explanation. Spam or any material that advertises, offers or promotes anything of a commercial nature will be deleted and the user banned immediately.
If you believe you have been banned unfairly you may contact email@example.com and, on a case by case basis, we may or may not decide to lift your ban.
In these terms:
Mysterious Universe means Mysterious Universe as a subsidiary of 8th Kind Pty Limited ABN 16 142 661 023 and, to the extent applicable, its officers, employees, contracts, related bodies corporate and contractors.
Mysterious Universe’s social media includes any social media websites or facilities established, authorised or operated by or on behalf of Mysterious Universe, including website-based forums created within Facebook or Twitter, blogs and online polls.