Author Clark Strand joins us this week with his new book ‘Waking Up to the Dark‘.
Strand investigates our relationship with literal darkness and a world before electricity, when there was a rhythm to life that followed the sun’s rising and setting. He offers a unique insight into what can be found when we pull the plug on our billion-watt culture.
We also feature the dopamine loop of modern technological addiction and the mysterious cases of vanishing houses in Suffolk in our Plus+ extension.
- The End of Night: Searching for Natural Darkness in an Age of Artificial Light
- Mindfulness is stopping the world from thinking
- THE SCIENCE BEHIND MEDITATION & HEADSPACE
- Meditation Makes Us Act with Compassion
- I’m minded to be wary of mindfulness
- Can’t concentrate? Look at this for 40 seconds
- Why can’t we read anymore?
The extension of the show is EXCLUSIVE to Plus+ members. To join, click HERE.
- Kuka – Divinity (Mazde Remix) via Umstrumm
- Melodiesinfonie – Breitgefchertsein via Tontaucher
- rxn – waves via Word is Bond
- Sir Sly – You Haunt Me (SoySauce Edition) via Pilerats
- Dorian Concept – ‘Fold’ via SonofMarketing
- Disclosure – Holding On via In Your Speakers
- Plug Research – Bonbon a la Menthe via Afropunk