This week we uncover a 19th century spiritual medium’s quest to create a sentient AI machine that will save the human race. By the time we discover his schematics was channeled by a committee of spirits chaired by Benjamin Franklin it is too late to turn back.
We also feature phantom invaders from the 1600s and a new theory on the origin of 1800s airships.
This episode is EXCLUSIVE to Plus+ members. To join, click HERE.
- The Bye Bye Man: And Other Strange-but-True Tales
- The Bizarre Mechanical Messiah of John Murray Spear
- The Electric Messiah
- The educator: being suggestions, theoretical and practical, designed to promote man-culture and integral reform, with a view to the ultimate establishment of a divine social state on earth
- Messages from the superior state : communicated by John Murray
- John Benedict Buescher. The Remarkable Life of John Murray Spear: Agitator for the Spirit Land. University of Notre Dame Press, 2006.
- John Murray Spear
- Universalist Church of America